I love to plug great content that is overlooked, and Josh “Shua” Peters and Jacob Morgan have given us gold so that I, thePuck, can in turn pass on to you. Their ebook covers both of my pet subjects (writing and social media) and addresses issues like:
- What is social media?
- When Should I get Involved?
- Why Should I get Involved?
- Where’s the Action?
- The Tools
The best part is the tools sections, where Shua and Jacob give a quick and simple run-down of the major tools of modern social media promotion focused towards authors. They cover:
- RSS Readers
- Twitter Search
- Google Alerts
- Google Analytics
- Red Room (a social network just for authors that they are managing to share with you before me! See how awesome they are?)
- and more!
The ebook is free (as in beer) and you can read it right here, on Shua’s site Shuaism (which you should subscribe to) or at Scribd (which you should have an account on, as Shua and Jacob will inform you) here:
Related articles by Zemanta
- Collaboration and Aggregation – Social Median & The Online Playbook (digital-constructions.com)
- Creating an Actual Social Media Marketing Strategy (revenews.com)
- ShareThis and the Democratization of Influence (socialmediabreakfast.com)